Heyoo!! - 11/23/15

Hey guys!

It is getting seriously cold out here! Mom, I wear your scarf everyday and it does keep me warm! We got some rain yesterday and it warmed up to a toasty 46 degrees, according to the car. I'm not in Arizona anymore!

Anyway, we had a slow week. We had a lot of appointments fall through so as of Thursday, we had taught one lesson. But I went on exchanges with the Zone Leaders this week (my companion is District Leader BTW) and I learned a ton about how to be a stronger teacher and how to talk to more people. I already started to apply what I have learned and my companion says he has noticed a difference, so yahoo! It is so cool to look back and see how much I have changed! For example, at first I struggled to complete the 3 hours of scripture study each day, but now I am starting to appreciate it more and I am starting to see the blessings that come from it! But during the exchange my companion and the zone leader were on fire! They taught several lessons and got two new investigators! They also met with a current investigator and he tells me it went well.

Our ward mission leader underwent heart surgery last Monday. He said it was a hairy experience but he pulled through. Apparently they messed up his time and there was no anesthesiologist. So a nurse put him under into a "twilight sleep" so he was awake for part of it! Ahhhh!! And on top of all of that they said he shouldn't run more that 6-9 miles at a time now. FYI, he is a toned down version of Brother Goold.  He likes running endurance races and marathons. But the surgeon said that to his wife and not him so he doesn't know what to think because his doctor didn't mention anything about it! But we still had coordination on Thursday and we got new names of people to try and visit. So we will hopefully start getting more appointments and have less time where we don't know what to do!

Sorry the email is so short this week. We mainly did a lot of tracting and trying to visit people but a lot of them weren't home and the others weren't interested. We really hope that it picks up next week (this week we are pretty tied to home since the sisters can't give us a ride anywhere (mission rules) and we can't find any members who can either) so that we can increase our lessons! Can't convert anyone without teaching lessons!

With oodles of love,

Elder Ciminski

Here we are after companionship study.

A picture of our car and beautiful Virginia.

My companion.

Me and Virginia