I love this place! - 7/11/16
I seriously love this place and the branch especially. I was sitting in Sacrament Meeting yesterday and I realized how awesome and blessed it is to be serving in the Currituck Branch. Everyone is so nice and I never want to leave!
We had to reset the baptismal date for August 5. We think this is the last time that we will have to reset it. They know everything that is expected of them and how often we need to be coming by in order to make it and they committed to do what they can to make it happen! They are so ready! They are practically already members of the Branch for how well they fit in! The Branch is so supportive in giving them rides to church every week (they don't have a car) and in coming with us to lessons. I am so excited!
We went on an exchange this week and I went down to Nags Head with the Spanish Elders and got to drive! :D It was a surprise because the other Elder who I was with had an expired license. So I had the keys! We drove 140 miles that day, from Elizabeth City to Nags head then down to Manteo then to Kitty Hawk then back. No crash! You guys do not know what uncomfortable is like until some guy is making fun of you in a language you cannot understand. I think it was about how tall I was. I also went to a lesson on the exchange and that was weird. Again, I couldn't contribute anything because I don't know Spanish. But I did have a good time.
We also got transfer calls and I will be staying for another 6 weeks at least! Yay!
Elder Ciminski