So, our new Ward Mission leader has a poem he quotes that I love! It is by Edward Markham and goes like this:
They drew a circle that shut me out.It is our motto of sorts for the work that we are doing here in Rocky Mount. We also got 4 new Ward Missionaries yesterday. Enthusiasm is a great attribute in Missionary Work! Something I am trying to get more of!
Heretic rebel, A thing to flout
But love and I had the wit to win,
We drew a circle that brought them in.
We saw 9 people this week, which makes up for the few people we saw last week! We also got a new Investigator, who will actually be passing away soon. We are going to try and help the member wife during this undoubtedly difficult time. We also gave a blessing of comfort to a lady who will also probably will not last much longer. We have visited her several times over the several months I have been here. But thank goodness for the Plan of Salvation! It may not ease the pain of losing someone, but it gives us hope! And that can be invaluable!
We have to move the baptismal date back to March 4th. I feel that Satan might be working on him, which is a good thing in a way since that means he may be gaining a testimony! Satan wouldn't waste his time with someone who is unlikely to make changes in his/her life for the better!
We went fishing this morning. It was not quite what I expected. It was also quite cold. The wind was miserable. But now I can say that I have fished! An Elder ate one of the LIVE minnows we had for bait. BLEH!!!!! No one caught anything. Too cold, I suppose!
We got a new schedule this week. The main differences are that there is 10x more flexibility and we plan in the morning now. We are doing a trial run this week, today is the first day of the new schedule. I will tell y'all my thoughts on it next week!
Transfer calls come this Saturday! I have absolutely no idea what will be happening. So stay tuned!
I love y'all! Have a great week!
Elder Ciminski