Woah another week has gone by!
Monday was pretty chill. Just some usual choir practice and then we ate some grub with some missionaries and went to 天母 and helped out a recent convert say a prayer for her new business that it will do well! It was super cool. After we got back to 淡水 we just got some groceries, worked out and got ready for the night! We had one lesson at night with a really interesting dude we are teaching. He's interesting and we are still determining if he's actually interested or not but we'll figure it out soon enough. Today was awesome I love being in 台灣!!!
Tuesday was turnt. It was my 5th birthday on the mission! We had a lesson with a really good guy we've been teaching I'm excited about his potential! Didn't really do anything else besides finding but we talked to another guy with a skateboard and he had some cool tricks to show us! It was super cool he was a good guy! I shared a quick testimony of The Book of Mormon and he seemed to really dig it. The people in Taiwan are seriously the best!
Wednesday was a spiritual day! We had zone council in 北投 and it was super good! We got some great training from all the companionships and our theme for this transfer is "#become" and I love that! The word become is so powerful and this emphasis on personal development is right up my alley since Heber 2.0 needs to be formed! Today I also had a full-length conversation in Chinese! We were walking back to the MRT with some sisters and one of them is a missionary from Taiwan so she speaks just about all Chinese and I talked with her about a bunch of stuff and it was cool! I feel good when I can converse with people and communicate! We also had English class too today. My topic this week was "Try, try, again" and I ended up sharing a story about me working up the courage to ask a girl out. All my students love when I share stories about my life. It is so fun to teach them! I am so glad that I can provide this service for the people here!
Thursday was crazy. Definitely didn't go to plan though. The day started out with us helping a dude move across town and he wasn't lying when he said he had some heavy stuff. We got it done! For some reason when we were doing that service it reminded me of when I pushed a car through the neighborhood back home one time. I'm not sure why but that was a good memory. After the moving though we had to get changed into our work clothes and that took only about 20 minutes but when we went back outside to leave to a lesson Elder Pope's bike was stolen!! In broad daylight! That's what got our plans so off because we had to go find a bike for him to use and so we found an old sister missionaries bike that we got fixed up and now the problem is solved! Super crazy though that this is the 2nd bike stolen in 淡水 since I've been here! I lock mine up and stuff so it's all good. I'm not super worried about it. We also spent a lot of time walking today and that definitely took a lot out of us. We made it!
Friday was busy! We had a 6 week follow up with President and all of the missionaries that came to Taiwan the same time I did. It was super good to see them again and catch up with how they are doing. From what I can gather everyone is doing well and I am too! After the follow-up meeting, we took care of some things and made our way back to town. Since Elder Pope was still bike-less we had to walk around a little bit but no biggie it all worked out with the schedule we had. The follow-up meeting took up a lot of time and so we didn't have time to do much else but it was such a fun day! I made a lot of people smile and laugh today and it brings me joy to help others smile! We are here on earth to be happy and have joy :)
Saturday was a wild day. Started off with a cultural activity at the local hospital with some members of the ward. It was such a good time. Lots of smiles. After we were done we had to get Elder Pope's refurbished bike back to our part of town so I rented a U-Bike (a city bike share thing) and we got back to our place! But not before Elder Pope's bike basically shut down and a part of the rear gear mechanism just snapped off the bike in two places so we had to deal with those problems. The solution came in the form of us going to 北投 to get another old missionaries bike. Eventually, we got all the problems solved and now things are back to normal! No more riding the busses and back to biking. Hurrah!
Sunday was super good! Church went well and I love the 淡水 ward so much! We had a super fun activity after church where we played games and got to have fun with the members of the ward! That used a lot of time though so when we got back we had to still do planning and our scripture study but it all worked out! We also got to meet with some members and share a message with them. Super fun stuff and then the rest of the night was spent having a super awesome talk with Elder Pope about what we are gonna do to become even better missionaries and have the spirit always with us! I am super excited for what the future will bring for us! The future is bright here in Taiwan!
I love you all so much and I hope you all see blessings from the Lord every day! If you ever need anything, send me an email!
宋長老
Elder Ciminski
Saturday was a wild day. Started off with a cultural activity at the local hospital with some members of the ward. It was such a good time. Lots of smiles. After we were done we had to get Elder Pope's refurbished bike back to our part of town so I rented a U-Bike (a city bike share thing) and we got back to our place! But not before Elder Pope's bike basically shut down and a part of the rear gear mechanism just snapped off the bike in two places so we had to deal with those problems. The solution came in the form of us going to 北投 to get another old missionaries bike. Eventually, we got all the problems solved and now things are back to normal! No more riding the busses and back to biking. Hurrah!
Sunday was super good! Church went well and I love the 淡水 ward so much! We had a super fun activity after church where we played games and got to have fun with the members of the ward! That used a lot of time though so when we got back we had to still do planning and our scripture study but it all worked out! We also got to meet with some members and share a message with them. Super fun stuff and then the rest of the night was spent having a super awesome talk with Elder Pope about what we are gonna do to become even better missionaries and have the spirit always with us! I am super excited for what the future will bring for us! The future is bright here in Taiwan!
I love you all so much and I hope you all see blessings from the Lord every day! If you ever need anything, send me an email!
宋長老
Elder Ciminski
