BALLING UP IN AN ASIAN SCHOOL!! - 12/31/18

This week was INCREDIBLE! Read on if you want to know what happened!

So Tuesday was preparation day but also Christmas! It was my first Christmas away from home but it was awesome. The best part was calling home of course! Being able to talk with family is incredible I loved seeing them and hearing about their lives! I feel a little bad though because I feel like I talked so much and didn't let anyone else say a lot. I guess I'll learn for my future calls. After the calls and doing routine weekly prep we went down to 光復 to go to a members house for a get-together. On our way, we stopped by a legendary shop that sells student uniforms. And Elder Crimm and I had to buy the matching uniforms of course. We really bonded over that and made our way to the member's house. This family is so awesome. Both the husband and wife ride motorcycles and do stunts and the wife also manages a McDonalds in 花蓮. They are so awesome we picked some fruit and had an awesome dinner with them (by the way I have started liking oranges now, missions truly do change people)! Definitely, an awesome way to spend this holiday I hope you all had an amazing holiday and could remember Jesus Christ as the reason behind the season!


Wednesday was a slower day. Lots of biking and we even did some knocking today. To be honest, I do not enjoy knocking doors after doing it so much in Kansas I just feel like time could be used way more effectively but sometimes you just do it to show God you're willing to work. That's one thing Elder Zolik taught me. Anyway, aside from that I also had some great studies today. I started a new plan for studying every day and it makes it so much better! The gospel is so great I wish I could study it all day! Nonetheless, that can't happen. We need to help people get baptized! And that is the last point of the day. A man I taught for 3 months in 淡水 accepted baptism today! I am so happy for him and the choice he made to become more like our savior. He is the first person I have helped be baptized and it is so amazing the feeling I have, helping someone gain salvation! I love it, makes the less than ideal situations very worth it.

Thursday was another slower day down here in the Pineapple Grove. We did some walking and knocking and taught a lesson today too. All in all a pretty good day! Today I watched the old Face 2 Face with The Piano Guys again and I just really enjoyed it! The stuff they talked about was so relatable. And lastly, I got another recent convert today! Another one of the people I taught in 淡水 was baptized today. So that is 2 in 2 days! This pattern won't continue but it makes me wanna work harder to help more people be baptized in the future. Even though I couldn't attend the services for my 2 friends I still feel so much joy for them and the blessings they are receiving for following Christ! It will be hard to do that in this area but I will try to help anyone I can! Overall, today was awesome!

Friday went by so fast! We had our studies and weekly planning session. Afterward, we went down to 光復 to play basketball with one of our investigator's kids. It was actually super fun we went to this school and there was a bunch of students and we ended playing some pickup ball altogether. Whenever Elder Crimm or I would make a shot the small group watching us would be super surprised but believe it or not, we can ball! I don't know who won or lost but we had a great time and that's what matters. Afterward, we read the Book of Mormon with the kids and it was a great 1-2 combo. They want to do it again next Friday! We were happy to oblige to that request. After our share with them we had dinner then it was time to come back to 鳳林 and that was 差不多 (pretty much) our day. Today was such a fun day!

Saturday was truly a winter day. Cold and even a little rainy at the end. It felt nice with it being cloudy and stuff. The cloud formations were sublime. I was constantly looking around and just admiring the beautiful creations of Heavenly Father. We have truly been given everything by Him! Even the cloud formations and the rain. Even answers to prayers. I am so grateful for the ability to pray and have conversations with God and really tell him everything. I'm nowhere close to perfect but I am trying to improve every day!

Sunday was a super solid Sabbath day! We had church in the morning (we walked to church, it was so pleasant!) At church I had a chance to bless the sacrament and it made my weekly sacrament experience much more meaningful and I was also grateful for the chance to use the Priesthood God has given me! After church we walked around town some more to do studies (once again, it was so pleasant!) Then we biked to visit some people. I had an awesome reminder of mom today, we were stopping by a man's house to try and set up a time to meet with him this week and in the background I hear a song. The song was "Handclap" by Fitz and the Tantrums! I know Mom has that on her workout list and hearing it reminded me of her! Good song and good memories to go with it 😊. I am excited for the new year that begins this week! I have some big goals and aspirations I will be striving to achieve. And through God and Jesus Christ I know I can!

That's 差不多 (pretty much) it for this week! 我非常愛你們 (I love you guys a lot)! I hope you all have an amazing week and enjoy your new years!

宋長老
Elder Ciminski