WE NEEDED TO BUILD AN ARK!! (Season 8 Episode 3) - 6/17/19


Greetings and salutations!

Monday was an awesome preparation day. We went to 中和 and spent the day with the Elders there! The 6 of us went to Costco for lunch, bowling, and shopping together. It was a way good lunch and bowling was super fun! I started off complete garbage though, literally hit no pins my first frame. I picked up my rhythm and ended my 10th frame by getting a spare, and my last throw was a strike! It bumped me from last place to 3rd place so I was way happy about that. We also played darts and my team won. It was way lucky because darts is hard, definitely harder than I thought. And shopping is always exciting when you're a missionary and can't buy anything lol. Still, fun to look at everything and pick up some small things! We had a way fun day and the night was good too. We did get stood up by a lesson though which was sad but we did some calling to make up for it.

Tuesday was a good day, tiring but good. I woke up early with Elder Yang and we went running! It was on the treadmill, but it was still way good! It feels good to get back in the rhythm of it again. Right when we left the house we biked to 土城 and got ready for the first District Council of the transfer, led by yours truly! It was really good, in my opinion at least. I spent all last week preparing for it so for it to turn out well was a blessing for me. I definitely felt guided by the spirit and afterwards, my district mates said I did way good and they couldn't tell that it was my first time conducting one so that was a relief to hear but it was definitely Heavenly Father's hand helping me deliver the message He wanted. After that concluded we started our first exchange of the transfer! It was way exciting and I took Elder Driggs back with me to the Three Gorges. We had an awesome night of visiting some people he taught and a recent convert as well (三峽 was his first area). So that was way awesome and we had a way busy and solid night!

Wednesday was an awesome day! Elder Driggs and I had a good run in the morning and enjoyed the nice break from the rain that's been falling recently. After we got out of the house we had an awesome morning on the streets preaching the good word! We even taught lesson 1 on a street corner! It was pretty awesome and then the rain started and didn't stop! It was pretty heavy rain and Elder Yang and I just might build an ark tomorrow. We swapped back companions and despite some misunderstanding between companionships we got back together and went back to our areas. English class was a highlight of the day and super awesome because my lesson was way more prepared and we had such a great time. We even played a game and the class loved it! I got the approval of the hardest student of the class and a Sally approval is all I need! After class when all the students left I had a cool chat with a member that helps Elder Yang teach his class. She served a mission in San Francisco and we talked a lot about missions. It's always cool to hear how different missions work and operate.


Thursday was very interesting. My back was hurting all day because of a dream I had last night that caused me to jolt awake pretty violently, enough to throw my back out (reminds me of dad watching that one TV program 😉). It didn't start hurting till after my run and I tried to use my massage ball to roll it out but that didn't quite do it so we decided to walk today because looking over my left shoulder hurt and that's pretty important when you are biking. We did things that didn't require being outside a lot (because of the hard rain once again, definitely gotta build that ark). It was way good though.  Elder Yang and I had fun and talked a lot and I am continuing to learn more things about him! We also had a recent convert lesson and got to call lots of formers and identify some people we can call later.

Friday was much better! I had very minimal back pain and the rain stopped midway through the day! No need to build the ark after all. The day was filled with studies, weekly planning, coordination meeting, and trying to find new investigators! After dropping another one (making our total 4) the pressure is on still to find people. I have faith we will see the miracles needed to grow our teaching pool. Nothing much to write about but at this point life is way good. Underground Frank told me today I've lost weight (I've been running every day this week!!) and I don't have rice cheeks anymore and my Chinese is way better than when I was in training! That was a good ego boost but it is all Heavenly Father's help. He's the one lending me my daily breath.

Saturday was back to the normal heat. I much prefer it to the rain so it made for a good day. We didn't have any set appointments today so we were able to do studies and then go out to a part of our area I haven't been to before. It reminded me of 鳳林 a little. Not as many tall buildings and lots of green! We were able to try some formers in that part and continue cleaning up the area book. The night was great too because we had Family Home Evening with the ward. It was super fun and I got to present a 10 minute presentation about who I am and introduce myself to the ward, that went super well! We played some games and did a spiritual share and it was a smashing success. That basically ended the day but it was an awesome way to end it off!

Sunday was so good!! We got out the door mega early and biked to church! It was a beautiful Sunday morning and we enjoyed it a lot! We got to church early because I conducted my first baptismal interview for the Elders in my district! When I was receiving my District Leader training, President said that doing baptismal interviews is like being a "small judge in Israel" and so today I felt the weight of that. The interview went great and she passed! That was awesome and then we had church which was great as always and after church we spent some time just talking with members and I'm loving this ward so much. The members are absolutely incredible. I love them all so much! Elder Yang said he thinks they like me a lot too, because I'm "interesting", but I think it's great. We had a great member dinner too and I have found myself eating a lot more veggies after recommitting myself to running everyday. The veggies here are way good too so I'm on my way back to my prime fitness once again. There's a lot to write about today but I don't think I have enough room for it all!

Elder Heber Chase Ciminski
謝希伯長老