Monday was a fun day. We had a good preparation day and a super fun part of it was playing badminton for a couple hours. I actually have grown to love badminton. It's so fun to play! I'm not the best ever, but who cares. We also had the traditional Costco lunch and went to Decathlon also. So pretty much like every other preparation day, but it was still a good time. Spending time with friends and especially Elder Yang since I won't see him for a good bit. The night went by quick with 2 member visits and then English class planning. This week is gonna go by quick so I'm strapping in for the wild ride.
Tuesday was a special day! In the morning we learned that Sister Joy D. Jones is coming to the mission this week and she will be giving a special mission devotional for all the missionaries this Saturday! That should be a really nice time. We also had a cool companionship study with Chief Captain Peterson. He came for our exchange but our time was shorter than expected so we just did a study. It was cool to also have him attend our District Council. That was a big chunk of the day. The beginning was exciting and then the end was pretty slow. Elder Yang is pretty sad to leave and today he was a little reminiscent. I keep telling him he is blessed to get to go there but he doesn't have the vision yet. I can't wait to hear his miracle stories there. Overall it was a pretty good day!
Wednesday was pretty sad. It was Elder Yang's last day here with me in 三峽. He got all of his stuff all packed up and he's as ready as he can be. We splurged and went to an expensive burger place for dinner and it was probably the most american-like place I have been to yet. They even had protein style burgers. I'm sure when I bring Mom and Dad here someday Mom will enjoy that. We had English class and it was pretty good. Nothing crazy to report from it. It's been a day of reminiscing. Tomorrow will be a big day though.
Thursday was a big day! It was moving day for Elder Yang. He wanted me to help him get to the train station and so I accompanied him all the way to his platform. It was very sad to see him go but he's going to do great things in his new area. Once I dropped him off I spent a good second walking around the biggest train/MRT station trying to find my new companion. We eventually got united and got back to our area!! Elder Settles took some time and got settled in and we taught a lesson and did studies and had a member visit as well. It was a very tiring day! We had a big day and tomorrow should be more normal. Elder Settles is awesome and we are going to have a fun time for sure.
Friday was pretty good. We had a good day with a hospital visit, studies and some weekly planning and contacting! Elder Settles has been feeling a little uncomfortable for the last 2 months and so we finally got it checked out. Seems like his lymph nodes are swollen and a few other little things. We got some meds and next week we will go back and see what happens. Elder Settles is getting adjusted very well and he was able to hear more about our friends so it was a great time. Tonight I also bought some bike brakes and before we ship out Elder Yang's bike tomorrow I swapped the brakes on his bike. He doesn't know and won't know but he changed my mission and I wish I could do more for him but I'll do what I can.
Saturday was a wild day. We headed out and had a cool lesson with our friend Sam and he committed to come to church tomorrow! That was awesome and after the lesson we biked to the MRT and took Elder Yang's bike to the mission office to get it shipped down to him. As well we had a special mission devotional with Sister Joy D. Jones, primary general president. There were lots of cool things said and it was a sweet little meeting. We did go over on time sadly and we had to spend lots of time at the mission office getting miscellaneous things sorted out, but the sisters had a baptism tonight so by the time we got back to 土城 it was time for that baptism. Very great service and then we got dinner bought for us from a member friend! That ended out the day and it was super wild and fast. I also saw Leslie Born from Gilbert! She was at the chapel we had our devotional at and we walked out of the elevator and she was right there and just yelled out, "Heber!!!!!" Totally caught me off guard but it was so so good to see her! Today was also the 淡水 Ward Temple Day and I saw so many members from my first area! They remembered me and we took some pictures. What a great day.
Sunday was another wild day. Had a super great church meeting and Elder Settles got to meet the ward! And today I had an affirmation that the world is very small in the church. I met a returned missionary today from a ward that shares our chapel and after a little bit of talking I learned that she trained one of the sister missionaries in my MTC district! We took a picture and she sent it to that sister, small world! Today we also got Elder Settles a bike until his comes later this week and we did our studies and other things of that sort. Quite the day which also included getting hit by a scooter on my bike (no need to worry she was watching the light instead of the road and I didn't clear the road in time so it was only a slight tap and it is ok.) All is well!
Elder Heber Chase Ciminski
謝希伯長老

