Greetings and salutations!
Monday was a good preparation day! We had a fun time just chilling at the Stake Center most of the day. We did have a tasty curry lunch and I loved that. We also played some basketball and I made three full-court shots so that was cool. I also shot a lot of free throws. Believe it or not it's pretty relaxing. Towards the end of the day we had a friend come back to 三峽 with us and we ate a great hamburger dinner and had a great time. I love Mondays.
Pretty good day Tuesday. We had District Council and that was a great time. We talked about finding and hopefully we can take what the Spirit taught us and go apply it and find more people! Aside from District Council, we just had studies, meals, and finding. Lots of finding. We called over 20 formers today and spent some time on the streets too. Just trying to get more people in our teaching pool. It's an ongoing effort. With only about 2 weeks left in the transfer I wanna try and leave 三峽 on a good note.
Wednesday was a fast day. We had interviews with President Peterson and he said lots of good things to me. He really knows how to lift someone up. He told me he's a big fan of me and I think that's pretty cool! He also told me that I would be moving this transfer and a little bit about where I'll be moving to and my next companion. He said it's still subject to change, obviously, but I'm pretty sure it'll happen. I am very excited. President has a lot of faith in me and what I can do. He also knows my strengths and puts me in situations I can capitalize on those. He truly knows everything! So the end of my 三峽 chapter is in sight. Only 2 weeks left. Aside from all that we had English class and that was the next most exciting thing!
Thursday was a pretty empty day. Elder Settles took a language test and then we did our studies as well as weekly planning. So that was a lot of sitting around but we had a dinner appointment today so that was fun. It was with the family of our recent convert! After we finished eating we all went and picked her up from Cram School and when she saw us she was so stoked and jumping around. What a great kid. That was a bright part! I also did lots of rubiks cubes today. I recently got some new ones so that has really been occupying my boredom and free time. Could be worse.
Friday was super good. We started our only exchange of the transfer! I was with my Zone Leader Elder Nader and he is going home this transfer so I am fortunate enough to be his last exchange of his mission! We had a good day doing some finding and then going to a popular tourist spot out of our area to eat dinner with a friend of Elder Nader's. It was the same barbecue place I had my first installment of the epic battle vs. squatter toilet at. It ended a lot better this time so I was happy about that. We also got one set up for tomorrow so that was awesome! It was a good day and I'm always grateful for exchanges.
Saturday was another good day. We finished up our exchange and hung around the 土城 area because the Sisters had a baptism today so we went and watched that. It was a good experience and we also had a good lesson with the man we set up yesterday and he was super cool. Super nice too. So we are gonna try to continue meeting with him. It was a more chill day. Lots of time on the bike so I enjoyed that a good bit.
Sunday was great. We had a pleasant fast Sunday and also had the recent convert fireside as well. Both were very nice experiences. At the fireside I saw a man from the 淡水 ward that Elder Pope and I had tried to work with, and now he's baptized so that's great! He is doing well and even remembered me (pretty surprising). Not much to write about regarding the day, but it was good.
Elder Heber Chase Ciminski
謝希伯長老
