新年快樂 my friends (Season 13 Episode 3) - 1/6/20


Greetings and salutations!

Monday was pretty fun! We had a fun preparation day. Our big activity for the day was biking to Costco and getting some food! Not just lunch food but grocery food! So biking back was fun with 16 pounds of things on my bike and it was pouring rain too. Totally worth it though and we made it back alive. We then went to the chapel and sent off emails and chilled until we went to a dinner for Elder Seamons' birthday and a member took us to a very nice place. Since he set it up for right as preparation day technically ended it took up pretty much the whole night and afterward all we did was call some less active members and text our investigators. It was fun and special for Elder Seamons.

Tuesday was a pretty cool day. The last day of 2019! Pretty crazy that this year is already over and we are moving on to the next one. I'm glad for the last year and am excited to move forward to the next one. I have some good goals and am excited to work to hit them! As for the work, we had District Council and then started an exchange. I went to work with my District Leader Elder Bell. We had a good day just talking to people and talking to each other. We were also able to pop in on a member and meet her for the first time! Pretty great day! The wind was brutal and was so, so cold and it ripped through me but totally worth it.

Wednesday was fun! We had our exchange pretty much the whole day and switched back at English group. So for the day we did studies, got stood up by 2 people (a total of 3 by the end of the day), and had a good discussion between each other. Elder Bell and I are on the same wavelength about a lot of things so we had a very constructive conversation about many things. I'm not sure why but there weren't a lot of people out so we didn't get to talk to that many people but you win some and lose some. I am excited for the year and am glad for my goals. 2020 here we come!

Another day another exchange. Thursday we started another exchange, but this time with our Zone Leaders! I went with Elder Huang, one of my previous companion's trainees. So it is cool how we are now back around each other. We had a good day talking to people and we even had a surprise lesson with someone who we originally set up for the next day. It was a great lesson and the only bummer is that he doesn't live in our area, let alone the mission boundaries. We will get him passed off to the other missionaries down yonder. Recently, I have been receiving more answers to questions and I really feel like Heavenly Father is answering my prayers and guiding me. I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who still speaks with his children.

Friday was a busy day! We woke up and played frisbee and then had a chill morning. We had a good exchange evaluation before switching back to normal and having a good day following. We got stood up by two people but did have one awesome lesson with a friend. Elder Seamons and I have a good vision for this friend and we are doing what we can to help him. Aside from that, the best part of the day was a District Dinner minus our sisters. So it was just boys night and we had a great time. Joking and laughing and having a good time. It's times like those I look back on fondly. We are heading into a busy weekend and it's gonna be totally awesome!

Saturday was a full day! We had a less active visit in the morning before language study and then coming home for lunch and weekly planning! At night we called people and then played basketball with some kids before ending off the day with a boys night dinner at Hot Pot! Always a good time hanging with boys and enjoying some good food. I also felt pretty good since I was able to tick off lots of to-do list items and get prepped for the coming week. Lots of it was language-related things. This week I got a big compliment from a man on the street, he said my Chinese sounded fluent and very good. So that really lifted me up and has really pushed me to go harder in language study these last few months.

Sunday was a pretty chill day. We had church and that went well. With the New Year our time got switched a little and now we have Sunday School first and then Sacrament Meeting second so that's a fun adjustment. After church, we met with a less active and then went to Ward Council and then went with the Stake President to go visit a less active family! After all the excitement we got studies and dinner done before having the night to find and talk to people. Nothing super exciting but still not bad! 

Elder Heber Chase Ciminski
謝希伯長老