Dogs, Doors, and Democrats - 1/4/16

So I ran into someone from AZ! I don't know them though. She bought her car at San Tan Hyundai so that is how I knew! Anyway, she went to Desert Ridge HS and she moved out here with her husband because he is in the Navy. We have an appointment with her tomorrow!! Exciting! Potential New Investigator! She isn't the only one who I have met from AZ. A guy in our ward is from San Tan Valley and used to eat at Joe's Farm Grill and another family are from Mesa. Small World! We had a ton of people come to Church yesterday! One came for the first time in several weeks and we had 3 less-actives come! We are just going to hope and try to keep this from just being a New Year Resolution thing!

We ran into a funny guy on Saturday. We were completing an exchange and a guy who had a turtleneck tattoo sweater, a book bag, and lots of jewelry came up to us and tried to sell us "Luxury Cologne for low prices". Yeah right. He said all proceeds go to help people start their own businesses. I seriously doubted it. My poor companion can't say no to Salesmen and he got Dolce & Gabbana sprayed on his wrist. The Cologne was fake! He was very forceful and would be great working at a Mall kiosk. Minus his tattoos. But yeah. Totally sketchy.  Anyway, he tried to get me too but I think I am getting better at saying no because I folded my arms and refused, nicely though. Then another Elder who was there tried to give him a card and he said no and that "he was already saved" and that he doesn't like religion unless he feels condemned, all the while citing the scriptures tattooed on his face and his spinner ring that read "He Lived 4 me, he Died 4 me". So we refereed him to Jeffery R. Holland. Then he realized that he wasn't going to get a sale out of us and left to heckle some other people. Really funny!

Speaking of exchanges, I lead someone in my area by myself for 24 hours... but I didn't even get to proselyte with them! The time was consumed by meals, studies, and service! I was really bummed about that. But we might have another one this weekend so I have a second chance! :D

But other than that it was a really good week, we are teaching more lessons now and we feel that the work may be starting to pick up some more! I can feel my testimony growing and cant wait to see what lies ahead!

With love,
Elder Ciminski


​Found this guy who has a ton of vintage Porsches around his yard! Really cool!


Got this cool picture while contacting some potentials. None were home. But we are going back so fingers crossed!