Goldsboro, Gretchen, and Green things - 1/18/16

So we did get transfer calls yesterday, my companion is leaving to become a Zone Leader and I am staying. My new companion is coming in to take over the role of District Leader. So I get another 6 weeks of Ham, History, and Hospitality here in Smithfield! :)

It snowed this week and our car lost a Hubcap! So here is a picture of both.




















We need to get a new Hubcap. 

Anyway, we were tracting in Suffolk last Saturday and we tracted into a lady who we are really excited about! She is already pretty much Mormon so she just needs to get baptized! We are super excited for her and we are going to try and teach her family too! We also met with another person we're teaching and had a scary experience. We went to go and visit him and he, like others, had talked with a preacher of another faith who did not like our Church in the least. He unfortunately believed everything that he heard and we thought that we were going to have to drop him. He was talking about how Joseph Smith lied and how the Book of Mormon was fake and yadda yadda yadda. We were able to address his concerns and get him feeling the Spirit again and we didn't have to drop him! We were both pretty bold, but without the Spirit we wouldn't have been able to salvage the situation. I am very grateful for it and I know that the Lord was with us. We also gave him a blessing of strength and he really enjoyed that! Other than these things it was an average week. I am done with training now so instead of studying for 3 hours everyday I will be studying for 2. Heber, you better build up to it! ;) 

I am a bit worried about the snow. Last time we had what can't even be called a "dusting" and that week we had 5 car accidents involving at least 18 cars and 1 Semi (which rolled), all in front of our apartment and one unknown crash down the road a bit. We haven't had any since and we didn't have any before it! People drive crazy out here! 

But anyway, this week wasn't exciting, but this upcoming week will be! So until next week,

Elder Ciminski

It snowed for real this time. They cut church off early while people could still get home. This is a picture from the foyer of the Chapel before church...


...and the drive home 90 minutes later.


Selfie while waiting for our ride to church. It was 35 degrees and he wasn't cold.