We got 5 people with Baptismal dates. No big deal.
JK DO YOU KNOW HOW EXCITED WE ARE????? WE TAUGHT THEM THE WORD OF WISDOM LAST NIGHT!!!
I include what I wrote to President Baker about it:
"We got 5, solid, baptismal dates! They are a family who are just simply amazing! We were able to meet with them both Saturday and Sunday night. Saturday's lesson was good, but the truly amazing one was Sunday's! To start off, it seemed as if Sacrament Meeting was tailored just for them. (We literally just got a text from the Father that he knows that the Book of Mormon is true! :D We are so excited for them!!!!!!!!) The Spirit was so strong and they knew it and felt it too! We had planned to teach the Word of Wisdom with them and base the lesson off of Sunday's theme of Faith in Christ. We brought two members with us who are both converts and we went over with them before what they should share and when. They did not follow that at all, but they were following the Spirit because what they ended up sharing was so much better than what we had prepared. After we finished the lesson we informed them that in order to keep their baptismal date they would need to stop smoking and drinking coffee by this upcoming Wednesday. They agreed with almost no hesitation and said that they would do it! Words cannot express how happy we are for them! But what really is the miraculous part is that this family were our spiritual creations for the month of June! And it is looking like they are going to be baptized at the end of the month!"
I do think that they will be able to make their date and I am so excited! They are amazing!
But other than that there hasn't been much this week. We didn't get too many lessons, but we did go on an exchange. I am still in love with the Outer Banks and Currituck. My companion and I are going to get a shirt that says "Straight Outta Currituck" today. :)
President Baker leaves at the end of the month. We are sad about that. I like him a lot. But I am also looking forward to President Weed. I am sure that he is going to be awesome too!
With a lot of love!
Elder Ciminski
Apparently there are a lot of bears around here, and here is a cub we saw. He was running into the tree line when this was taken.