Great week! - 8/15/16

We had a small miracle happen this week. In order to save time, I include what I wrote to President Weed about it:

"We had a small miracle this week. We had all of our plans fall through and were wondering how to use the 90 minutes that we had before we had to help with a move. We decided to pray and ask, and my companion got a street name that had been in our plans earlier, but was slightly out of the way. We decided to go there and found a small neighborhood (we had never been here before) that was extremely spread out. The driveways were a 1/4 mile long and it was HOT! We were wondering why we were led there, so we decided to walk the length of the subdivision just to see what was there. Not long after we did, I felt a fairly strong prompting to knock a particular house. I ignored it and we kept walking. I got a second, softer one which I barely took note of. Then, when we were just about to pass the driveway I got one of the strongest promptings I ever had to knock the house! So, needless to say, we knocked it. The man invited us in and it turns out that he was a less-active that was not on our records. He is moving sometime this week and was feeling very overwhelmed with the task in front of him. They had a large home with a pool house, a detached garage, and six cars that all needed to be moved. His wife was gone for the day with a load to their new home (which probably added to his sense of being overwhelmed) and he had prayed not 15 minutes earlier for some help. We were an answer to his prayers! It was also an answer to a prayer of mine to know that Heavenly Father is pleased with me. We went back on Saturday (all of the preceding events occurred on Thursday) and helped him move, along with a few of the neighbor kids. We were also able to get his information so that his records can be sent to his new home in Western North Carolina. I am so grateful that we had this experience!"

It was amazing! Other than this, not much happened. We helped a family move into a new place that is about 3 miles up the road. They don't have much stuff so it didn't take long. It was kinda funny because they got most of their boxes from a liquor store that was throwing them out. So all of their boxes were sporting some sort of alcoholic drink. The Branch has been so supportive of them and so very helpful. I don't know what we would do without them!

We have transfer calls coming up this Saturday. We have no idea what will happen. This is the first transfer that is all President Weed so all bets are off! The actual transfer day is August 24th. It has been known for Missionaries to stay long periods of time in Currituck, but again with a new mission president...

That is all for this week.

Have a blessed week! (It is a southern thing. Don't question it)

Elder Ciminski