Week? - 11/7/16

You know, sometime people ask me if I can believe if I have been out a year, and I want to say "Yes! I would believe you if you told me 40!" and other times I honestly can't. Missions are funny like that.

This week was very busy. We had our meeting on Monday, then went to OBX for prepartion day, and I stayed there again for an exchange. Then we had Zone Meeting on Friday. So lots of meetings and funky schedules. This week looks like it will be similar because we have Interviews, Deep Clean (a 3 hour period where all we do is clean), and Transfer Calls on Saturday. If I get transferred next week, next week will be exciting too. I like it when it is super busy, it keeps my mind off whatever problem is plaguing me at the moment, and those are in no short supply!

We haven't been able to meet with our recent convert this week. FEMA came to look at her place and that threw a wrench in our plan to visit her. Eventually we will get in to see her! We have an appointment with her at a member's tonight (which I am super excited for!). But FEMA has been going around helping people out with their damage from Matthew. We talked to one lady who had 16 Cypress trees down! Another lady who doesn't come to church much has 8 assorted Oak, Cypress, and Pine trees down! It may have been a tornado because she is the only one on her street that had anything down. There is also a place where there is a 20 foot swath perhaps a mile long where every single tree is down. That was almost undoubtedly a Tornado, but there was no houses in that path, so that is a blessing. There is still a lot of cleanup being done.

Something that we found out this week that is quite exciting is that we are going to be having Interviews and Zone Conferences every transfer! It used to be once a quarter. I am super happy about that!

We have been trying to find new investigators, and this week we got real close! We just couldn't commit him to a return appointment since where we taught him wasn't his house. He lives in a neighboring congregation so we won't be able to teach him if we are able to meet with him again. I am a little bit disappointed about it, but not really because we are still helping people come to Christ!

That is about it for the week. I will write y'all next week! I love you!

Elder Ciminski