Crazy week!
The Transfer was completed with only my companion's bike being lost. Haha. They thought that we were in Virginia but we were in North Carolina so we will be getting it later this month. On Tuesday, while my old companion was still here we met with a lot of people for the last time. One sister has a goal is to get to the Temple here pretty quick before it closes. Our investigator family is still on track to get baptized on the 19th! They came to church yesterday and we have an appointment with them on Wednesday! One member of our ward in particular is amazing. She takes such good care of us. In return we try to do a lot of service for her. She is single-handedly cleaning out and preparing to sell the home her parents lived in before they moved in with her.
The drive up to Virginia (equivalent of driving to Flagstaff) went well with no incident. The funniest thing was we passed an old car that was going slow and there was an older gentleman in it with an oxygen tube and tank, the whole 9 yards... and a cigarette. We joked that he was like the mines in Finding Nemo. One tap and BOOM!!!! lol. Some people aren't the smartest. My new companion is from Spanish Fork Utah! He is a great missionary and already knows a lot! We are already friends and working hard! On Thursday we had to stay in most of the day because of Weekly Planning (3 hours), Planning for District meeting (2 hours), Companionship Study, (90 min) on top of the normal studies! It was awful but we lived and had some appointments to break up the monotony. We met with the one Episcopalian Sister again! She is liking what we are teaching, even though the Plan of Salvation is something that she had never heard before. We are meeting with her again tonight after we have dinner with some of her neighbors who are members! We are quite excited.
We also met with another man. We are passing him over to be taught by the Sisters since that is the ward that he lives in. We don't want to, but it is what's best. He set a baptismal date of September 9th. That's the summary of the week! We have a full schedule so it should be another great week!
District meeting was a struggle, but everyone said it was good. The best part was where I mixed up my words a bit. I was very nervous when conducting it and due to me having less than 24 hours notice to plan it (I didn't get the binder with the outline until Thursday) I was just rolling with it. We had just set some District goals and I was going to say that I thought they were very attainable and go into how we should avoid unattainable goals. Instead I combined them and said "I think the goals are unattainable". Upon seeing a Sister's horrified expression and the other Elder's confusion I quickly evaluated what I said and fixed it and had a good laugh. I have no intention of doing something like that again! I think that despite not having any instruction from the previous Elder (All I had was a note saying "Well Elder Ciminski, by the time you read this... I will be home... Good Luck!) I will figure things out!
I hope that y'all have a great week! I love you!
Elder Ciminski
I haven't been to Virginia in over a year! And actually, the other side of that building is the Richmond Mission. We have to pass though it to get to Portsmouth.