I FOUND CHIN! - 9/24/18

Well maybe not the best skater in the world but I found the best mission in the world! This week was travel week!!

Monday was my last preparation day in the United States! How crazy is that?? We didn't do anything except play games.  It wasn't too different from the rest but after preparation day ended at 6 I packed up a lot of my things and got that stuff sorted out. So a pretty unexciting day, but I'm one step closer to Taiwan!

Tuesday was quite the roller coaster of emotions honestly. One thing I've developed on my mission already is that I am more emotional. It's pretty interesting! The day started off with waking up late at the zone leaders (we stayed the night with them and another set of elders and we played games and stuff pretty late). After that we got ready for the day and then did some service for a guy in one of the wards who is moving to Salem, North Carolina. A lot of people think missionaries are moving crews and that can get tiresome but doing service is good! I wasn't feeling too well and actually got told to sit down and do nothing because I didn't look good at all apparently but I just wanted to help. I did as I was told, reluctantly, and the job ended up getting done. I packed the rest of my things today and got all ready to go, and said goodbye to everyone. In leading up to actually leaving I was quite nervous and anxious. I was able to receive a blessing and it was a great experience. It was quite amazing and I shed some tears. Then we started the drive to Wichita and made it where I stayed with the Assistants and all the new greenies (super interesting). All in all a roller coaster of a day but tomorrow is the big day!!! WOO-HOO!!

Wednesday was wild too! I woke up at 4:05 with the assistants and they took me to the airport and got me on my way! It was a smooth time getting through security and all that jazz and my flights were all pretty good too. The flight from Wichita to Chicago was easy and the one from Chicago to San Francisco went by super quick. I had an aisle seat on both of those flights and that was a blessing too. Once I landed in San Francisco I had to walk all the way to the other side of the airport to the International gate but when I made it there was only one other missionary there. Soon after everyone else started flowing in and it was the happiest reunion ever. We were all so stoked to see each other and had an awesome time catching up with each other! We all made it onto the flight safely and we were on our way! The flight was really quick, at least that's what it felt like to me. I tried to sleep but didn't get that much sadly but it all worked out. I didn't sit by other missionaries so I still felt kinda alone. We landed in Taipei a little early and so we had to wait for President Peterson since he thought our flight was later. We got picked up and got driven all the way to the mission office which is literally across the street from the Taipei temple! We walked around the streets a little bit and it was super fun. Then we slept and I crashed so fast. (Everything from landing on is technically my Thursday entry so I'm gonna move on to Friday).


Friday was some orientations and then we met our trainers! President had a letter for each missionary and it was kinda like a mission call and so that was fun to read out loud. So my trainer is Elder Pope and we are currently in the Danshui area! We traveled to the area by the MRT and it's a fun city! The apartment is awesome and we live with 2 other missionaries so there's 4 total. We went to work and I love this city so much! We were out until the end of our day and then I came home and fell asleep so fast I was so tired. An awesome day!


Saturday was so fun. We did some study and then went back to the mission office to get my bike and also pick up my phone. I ended up getting the S9 because the shop they get phones from didn't carry the S8 anymore and I went ahead and upgraded. My phone is a Lilac Purple so it is a super fun color to have. When we got back we finished up some study then went out to work and I got to bike through Taiwan traffic! It was super wild and such a fun time. The whole day we just rode around and walked trying to talk to people. The language barrier is rough but I'm trying to listen and understand everything so it's coming along slowly but surely. Tomorrow we have Stake Conference so we have to go back to the mission office for the 3rd day in a row. So happy to be in Taiwan!

Sunday was a fun day. We had stake conference right next to the temple and that was cool. I barely understood anything but what I did understand was that we are all God's children and he loves us so much! I know that to be true and there is so much power in knowing that truth! After we got back from Stake Conference we did some studies and then had missionary correlation meeting. Biking around all day was rough. I need to strengthen my muscles but it helps that I do it every day! Maybe I'll actually be able to ride with dad when I get home! I am still adjusting to the life here and not knowing a lot of Chinese but I love Taiwan! The people have all been so nice and it's great.

This week was quite the week but now I am on the island and here to stay! I love you all so much and hope ya'll have an awesome week!

宋長老