I'M OFF TO SEARCH FOR ANIMAL CHIN! - 9/17/18
A great week again in the KWM!
P-day was super relaxed. We did a little bit of shopping and then hung out at the institute building pretty much the whole day. After preparation day ended we did some service for a lady who might get evicted from her house. So we helped her clean and hopefully, things go well for her and her situation! That was basically all of my day, not to much to write about from it.
Tuesday started off doing some service for the same lady from Monday. After service, we did our studies and had a revelatory weekly planning session! Elder Zolik and I had some awesome inspired ideas on how we can hasten the work in the Wakarusa Valley Ward! I am so stoked to get to work and see the fruits of it! We also helped our ward mission leader family move some stuff around his house because he just moved in about a month ago and so we moved some desks and it was hard work but he took us to Freddy's after so that was tasty! Then we went to institute and that was awesome! That ended a wonderful Tuesday!
Wednesday was exhausting! We had zone council meeting in the morning and since we didn't have a car we got a ride to and from that but other than that we walked everywhere! I think we walked over 5 miles today, my feet were definitely hurting after that. We were able to try and visit people as well as find new people. This week we want to try and knock 500-1000 doors and so far we got 110 and we've found 5 potential people to teach! Since we walked a bunch that took up a lot of the day walking around so we didn't get to do too much besides walk and knock doors! It was a great day and I felt very productive and like I was fulfilling my full effort to the Lord.
Thursday was INCREDIBLE! It started off by knocking more doors and trying to talk to everyone! Even though a lot of people didn't want to talk to us we are trying to share the gospel! After some tracting, we were fortunate enough to go and visit the person being taught by the sister missionaries and give her a blessing to help her overcome personal struggles and feel comfort in her life. I gave the blessing and after I completed it she said it felt electric and super awesome. I'm not saying that to brag but to share how powerful the priesthood is! One should never shy away from using the priesthood or requesting a blessing by way of the priesthood. It can help so much and my testimony grows of that so often! The other amazing thing that happened today is an Elder and I went to knock some apartments rumored to have a lot of Chinese speaking people. As we went out knocking we didn't talk to hardly anyone! I street contacted an old Chinese lady who didn't even understand English at all. As I talked with her in mandarin she said: "I'm very tired I will go sleep". I was laughing at that for a minute but also amazed I had a conversation with a Chinese person and felt good about it! She actually understood me! Aside from that lady, we didn't talk to a lot of people. As we were walking in between buildings, I said a prayer and asked Heavenly Father to provide me one person I could teach and if that person spoke Mandarin that would be great but even if they spoke English I just wanted to teach someone! And of course, the next door I knocked, a KU student opened the door and as we asked her name she said it was YiZi. That is a Chinese name and so I asked if she spoke Chinese. She said she did but English as well. So I talked with her for a minute about missionaries and what we do. We asked if she wanted to read the Book of Mormon and I offered her a Chinese Book of Mormon and she took that one! We also got her email so we can hopefully coordinate a time to visit with her again. HEAVENLY FATHER ANSWERS PRAYERS. No matter how imperfect we may be. No matter what we have done. He answers them. He cares about each and every one of us and I challenge you all to never forget that.
Friday was amazing! It started off with the 6-week accounting call with President McCuistion and when it was my turn to account, I said all of my stuff and then when I was done President said he had one more thing to tell me. He then told me I HAVE MY VISA!!!!! and that I would leave Monday unless I hear otherwise. I ended up getting my flight plans later and it turns out I leave Wednesday at the crack of dawn! I am so excited to leave and go to Taiwan! Not that I don't like Kansas but I know that Taiwan is where I am meant to be! And after 7 months of waiting, I am so stoked to finally go to the holy island! That was the best part of my day today so that is all I am going to write about but I am so excited!!
Saturday was quite the day. Mentally prepping to leave still and starting to get all of my stuff together. Still super excited! We went to Texas Roadhouse because one of the elders got a gift card from his mom and so he took us out and it was a great meal with some great people! One of the workers there complimented my tie. That was a little funny but cool! Lately, all of the missionaries have been passing around a bug and I am one of the last ones to catch the sickness. Towards the end of the day, I had to stay at the apartment and rest up a little bit so Elder Zolik and I could go back out at night and invite people to come to church. In the end, all of the people we were going to invite got invited and I didn't feel too bad so it all ended well! We also had a bomb missionary correlation early in the morning too. I am glad I will be leaving this ward very missionary minded!
Sunday was an awesome day. It started off with church and we had 5 people at Sacrament, which was a transfer high for us! Along with finding 12 new people this week, it was a great week for Wakarusa Valley missionaries! After church, we had a lesson with a family we are teaching (who made it to church!) and that went well. We invited them to watch General Conference and hopefully they decide to watch it! I am still kinda sick and so I laid down to rest my head and before I knew it I slept for almost an hour and a half. I feel bad for being sick but I am trying to chug water and get over it quick so I can be the most effective servant I can! This week I am sure it will get better. We also had an amazing dinner with some members and they are such an amazing family I am gonna miss them a lot!! If I ever come back to Kansas I will definitely visit them! The sabbath is the best day of the week!!
That's all I got to write about this week but I am doing amazing and super excited!!!!
I love you all and hope you all are doing great!
Elder Ciminski Official
PS. With Taiwan being so far ahead in time just keep that in mind when writing me next week! You'll be getting mine next Sunday night probably. Just an FYI.
