Monday was the most chill preparation day ever. We just did the same things we have been doing for the last 4 days. We stayed inside and enjoyed the comfort of the air conditioning and called family. Pretty easy and pretty chill.
Tuesday was a little more of a normal day. We had our exchanges with the Zone Leaders so I got to get out and work with my good friend Elder Hughes! We were in the MTC together so it was a good time. We enjoyed a little of everything today. Knocking, contacting, and teaching a mega lesson. We taught a little girl all 5 lessons and did her baptismal interview too. It was a long process but it all ended good and she will still be baptized despite some slight hesitations. So it was a full day and a nice break from the time inside we have been having.
Wednesday was another good day! We had Zone Conference at the chapel by the temple and it was good. We received some good training from President and a couple sets of Zone Leaders. It was nice to see old friends and with every Zone Council that goes by I always feel a little older and cool because I feel like I actually have a semi-solid grasp at what I'm doing. It is nice though, missions are a great chance to meet people. Plus we got a new senior couple in the office so I got to meet them too. After the conference, we went to a different hospital in 台北 at Sister Peterson's suggestion so that took up the rest of our day. And we have to go back tomorrow too.
Had a little travel day Thursday. We got lunch with one of Elder Settles' friends and then we went on an adventure to the hospital we went to yesterday. They were actually able to get some answers to us and now we know more. We still need to go back and get some more stuff done tomorrow. After that trip, we went to the mission office to drop stuff off and we ended grabbing dinner with one of the office missionaries and a member and our dinner was paid for! Not what I expected to happen, but a very fun time!
Friday was pretty much the same as yesterday. We went to the hospital earlier in the day and grabbed lunch by the mission office since Elder Settles wanted to file his reimbursement stuff again. When we finally got back it was business as usual just staying inside and letting him rest. One perk of all this though is that I have a lot more study time. Gotta make the most of it while I have it.
More of the same stuff Saturday. We did have 2 lessons set up but unfortunately, they both fell through and one of them was when we were already at the organized place. It was okay though because it felt like the weather switched over to fall and it was so nice. There was a slight drizzle and slight chill in the air and it was so great. So even though the lessons didn't work out, we at least had good weather. Other than that we were inside the rest of the day.
Pretty normal Sunday. Had a good church meeting and afterward, we just stuck around at the chapel until it was time to go to the Stake Center for the Face 2 Face broadcast from last week! It was super nice because they had the English playing too and so I got to hear the full message and it was good. I got lots of notes from it. After the fireside, we came back home and continued the resting Elder Settles has been prescribed. Hopefully, we can get off that this week.
Elder Heber Chase Ciminski
謝希伯長老
