I am the Draft King (Season 11 Episode 2) - 10/14/19

Greetings and salutations,


Monday was really fun. For preparation day we went back to my first area again and saw the sights with a bunch of other missionaries! We also had an all you can eat pizza lunch and that was pretty good. It was fun to see 淡水 again and share it with other missionaries too! Then at night we had a surprise lesson with one of our friends who is actually going to be in the hospital for a few days. Prayers go out to him.

Tuesday was pretty good. We got a lot of stuff we needed to do out of the way and also had an awesome lesson which turned into a new investigator! He is a super cool guy and he seems super interested in the church and he said he was excited for our next appointment and excited to read more of the Book of Mormon! He's a stud. We were also able to go give the friend of a member a blessing. Another member that was with us, who is preparing for a mission himself, gave the blessing and I think it was a really good opportunity for him. He seemed very touched by it and it was a nice experience. The priesthood is such a miraculous and powerful gift. I'm so grateful for it. On a fun side today I drafted a bus and got to 25 MPH and it may not have been a semi-truc going 60 MPH but I'm sure the feeling was close enough. 

Wednesday was good. We had 2 lessons which was awesome. One was with our friend who is in the hospital. So today we went to the hospital, just not for us (that's a first). We had a good lesson and our friend accepted a baptismal goal! So that is exciting and we also had a lesson with an eternal investigator who we are dropping once again. His time will come someday, but it is not now. On top of that, we had English class too and it was great!! I love my new class and they are all so great. I'm thankful for the chance to provide that service.

Pretty good day. We had our Zone Council Thursday and President recently changed the format of it so it is a lot more District focused and Zone supported. So that means I gotta do a little more than I have been used to but I think it's a good format. It's fun to be in our District and so to work with them more is a great opportunity. After the Council, we came back and had dinner with one of my companion's friends and then afterward Elder Settles and I had pretty gnarly stomach issues so we headed in a little early for the day.

Friday was pretty easy. We had our studies and also had weekly planning. We were able to get out at night and we went around trying to visit members and contacted people. Pretty standard day but it was good nonetheless. I helped Elder Settles get some stuff done on his bike, service is good! That was the day though. Pretty busy but good.

Saturday was awesome because we got to watch Conference! I actually enjoy being a week behind everyone else because I hear all the big news first and can focus on the words and messages being shared. I really enjoyed the sessions and am excited for tomorrow! Conference goes by so fast now but I'm grateful for prophets and the revelation they receive. After we watched Conference we had a dinner appointment and that was pretty much the night.

Sunday was a great day. We finished up watching Conference and that was very nice. The time always goes by so fast but I'm glad to have been able to watch it. After conference was all over we had a ward lunch and then a baptismal service for 2 kids in the ward! One of them was a girl that I taught and so I am super grateful to have been able to get another recent convert and help another soul along the path! We got back late and had dinner and then had our weekly correlation meeting, and with only 3 investigators in our pool it didn't last super long. This area has a lot of potential and I wish I could tap into it.

Elder Heber Chase Ciminski
謝希伯長老