Monday was super fun. We were originally going to go to the stake center and play basketball but it was closed so we ended up getting with 6 other missionaries and we all had lunch together and then went to different places in 台北! It was so much fun and felt good to let loose and have fun and laugh. Really good day. At night we stayed inside because of the typhoon rolling through. It wasn't super serious but with the strong winds I didn't wanna risk anything (guess some things never change 😉)
Tuesday was very nice. We had district council and we basically just bore testimony of the Book of Mormon, Joseph Smith, and President Nelson. I asked them all how they know these things are true and we just shared experiences and bore testimony. It was a very spiritual experience and really good! After district council we did the normal things and our lesson canceled on us so we had to reschedule that. Kind of a bummer but nothing is perfect.
Wednesday was a fun day. We had the usual stuff and were supposed to have a lesson but we actually bumped into our friend at the hospital and we tried to meet with him but it didn't end up working out (his appointment took longer than expected). It was fine. We biked around and saw a cool part of our area I had never seen. It was very pretty and a nice escape from the hustle and bustle of the city. At night we had English class and that was very nice. I enjoy teaching that class and now that I'm the intermediate and beginner teacher it's a lot more fun! Also, with the mission's new materials it makes everything even easier.
Thursday was crazy and not in a good way. We spent 3 hours waiting at the hospital so Elder Settles could look at the results of an allergy test he took a few weeks back and it turns out he's allergic to 4 things. 3 of those things he already knew so we spent all that time to get information we already had. I was a little disappointed, but life goes on. We had 2 lessons both cancel on us too. One of them rescheduled though so it was ok. It is also the start of a new transfer, my 11th so that is cool too. I set some good goals and am ready to accomplish them as these 6 weeks go on.
Friday was wild. Biked almost 30 miles total because first thing we had to bike 9 miles away to get me fitted for a costume that I'll be wearing at the stake Halloween party. I'm going to be a Jedi so it's going to be a great time. I can finally fulfill my duty of being a Star Wars day baby. Afterwards, we biked back and did studies then at night we had a lesson with our friend. He loves the idea of a prophet prophesying and it's so nice that General Conference is next week so we can hear the prophet himself! He's a great guy and seems genuine in his quest for truth.
Saturday was fun. We had weekly planning today so our morning and afternoon were filled with studies, but at night we had a dinner with a member and her non-member friend so that was nice! Afterwards we walked by a basketball court and a bunch of neighborhood kids were playing ball and so we played basketball with them! I may not be the best but boy do I have a fun time playing. So we did that and one of them had a skateboard so I landed a one-footed kickflip on the first try! It was so close to a full I'll count it as a 3/4 make. We also visited a less active and he said he wants to come back to church! Such a cool guy and we can't wait to see him at church tomorrow. It was a fun day. I have learned recently to not sweat the small stuff and just having fun and doing the good work is all I need. Hang loose and work hard.
Sunday marks 16 months on the mission. Crazy how time is passing by like that. It was a great day and the highlight was going to the recent convert fireside. It is so great seeing old friends, making new friends, and being filled with the spirit!!! I love situations like those. Lots of people in one place and I can just go and meet and talk with so many people! That's why being a missionary is awesome.
Elder Heber Chase Ciminski
謝希伯長老
