Christmas! Wednesday was great. We started early and called families and then Elder Seamons gave me a gift before we left the house. He gave me BYU stance socks and it was so cool, I am so grateful! We then headed to the temple and the temple was so great. I felt the Spirit super strong and really enjoyed my time in the House of the Lord. We finished up and grabbed lunch as a District and then made our way back home. A chill rest of the day led up to English group and then Elder Seamons and I had a talk for the rest of our day. Christmas was amazing. It felt like a normal day but when every day is spent serving the Lord and remembering Christ, Christmas is a bit more normal. It was still special and I'm glad the temple was included in it.
Thursday was a pretty good day. We had lots of finding time and we tried our best to make the most of it. We ended up with 24 conversations and got some potentials and phone numbers so we will earnestly try to make something from it! I also picked up a parcel from 7/11 and now my watch is fixed! So happy about that and so glad for the work we did Thursday. It was hard, tiring, but rewarding.
Friday was fun. We had a busy day and had some good goals to go with it. We had 2 member visits and even though we had our big weekly planning session we still managed to get 20 conversations and lots of people's contact info! One cool experience though was when we were outside the train station and we saw a kid on a skateboard and I immediately went to go talk to him. We chatted a little and I asked if I could try his skateboard (like I do every time), and he said yeah so I nailed my classic pop shuvit and then we shared a great scripture from the Book of Mormon and got his info! So cool how we are just normal people who leave home to be missionaries. We all have our pasts and interests and I can use mine to share the gospel. Such a cool thing!
Another day gone by. Saturday was pretty cool, we had a pass off lesson for the other Elders and then another lesson of our own! After that, we had a last-minute set up with a kid we talked to yesterday and he brought his friend and we played basketball and then shared the first lesson with them. They seemed way down to set up but they have tests and stuff till next month so that's a bummer. Aside from that, we were finding and eating meals. Not much else you can do when you don't have that many people to teach :)
Sunday was a crazy day. We had church in the morning and then right after we got picked up by a member who drove us out to 桃園 for Elder Seamons to perform the baptism of a girl he met when he was in middle school! That was a cool experience and riding there and back in a car was a lot nicer than a train. When we got back it was a late lunch and then studies. Some finding and planning for English group and then dinner at the end of the day. Super busy and fun day though. Despite not a lot of finding time we got 2 setups and lots of conversations and contact info.
Elder Heber Chase Ciminski
謝希伯長老
