Hello! - 9/19/16

So, this week I will start off with a joke that I got from Jesse Evans Smith, wife of Joseph Fielding Smith.

What is the Garden of Eden's phone number?

ADAM-812

That made me laugh so I thought I would share. I heard it while listening to a lecture by Truman G. Madsen. I am really liking them! I have been listening to them a whole lot more lately! In the Lectures on the President's of the Church series I am on Spencer W. Kimball next!

This week was a good week! We had seven total lessons! That is thanks to the fact that we had two member present lessons with our investigator. We have set her with a date for October 8th! We have another dinner/lesson/family home evening with her and some members tonight! She is progressing so smoothly and so excited you can't help but be excited with her!

We are still meeting with the less-actives that we have been and are working with them. We are hoping that one of them will come to church in the next few weeks! That will be exciting!

I did give a talk in church yesterday. I didn't feel that I did too hot but everyone says otherwise so maybe I didn't do so bad? I don't know, I tried! :)

This Thursday we have a big meeting up in Portsmouth and President Weed will be giving us some instruction. I am excited for that! These large meetings are always fun!

Unfortunately the computers don't want to send pictures this week. That is a bummer, but next week I will have some good ones for you!

With love,

Elder Ciminski

P.S. Here is a pronunciation guide for some of the major cities around here. :)

Portsmouth = Portsmith

Suffolk = Suffick

Norfolk = Norfick/Nawfick

Currituck = Currytuck

Corolla = Corawlla

Some are kinda funny but this is what everyone says around here. They give you a funny look if you pronounce it how it looks!