My new companion is from Utah (surprise) and is a very good and hardworking missionary! I think that we will get along just fine. :) One thing that I like about him is that he is very in tune with the Spirit. There was several times this week that he received and followed a prompting that ended up with us being blessed for it! One in particular that I would like to share happened on Thursday. We had just finished at a dinner and he felt that we should go and try and contact a referral. We have used a lot of miles already this month so I was a bit apprehensive when I found out it would mean 10 miles round trip. I decided to trust him and we went for it. The referral wasn't home, so a bit disappointed we headed home. On our way back I saw on a side street a car that had gone into a ditch at a severe angle and was stuck. We flipped around and went to see if there was anything we could do to help. The lady whose car it was ended up being very nice and talked to us even after it was clear there was nothing that we could do. We shared briefly about The Book of Mormon and the Restoration and left her with some materials and our Contact info. We got a text from her later on that night that she had read the whole "chain" that was written in the Book of Mormon and had some questions about the Urim and Thummin, our position on Homosexuality, the Bible, and the like. We are now going to meet with her sometime this week (hopefully). So if my companion hadn't followed the prompting, we wouldn't have met her! Pretty cool!
It was a bit hard to leave Rocky Mount, believe it or not. I am going to miss all of the great people I met there! But Facebook was created for a reason and I look forward to reconnecting with them when I get home. Speaking of, when introducing myself to dozens of people yesterday, the question almost always came up "So, how long have you been out?". In order to prevent people from prejudging me, I have almost always answered "A bit over a year.". lol. So far it is working. Except other missionaries keep coughing and saying "cough19monthscough" lol. I just don't want people to think that I am checked out, like other missionaries can be. I am here to work! I have been with people who didn't work and it's miserable.
Anyway, the weather is continuing to be bipolar. 50's and misty rain to 80 and humid. I do have some awesome pics to send to stay tuned! I love you all!
Elder Ciminski
I went into our bedroom to grab something and saw Bambi, so I made a noise, ran and grabbed my companion and my camera, came back in and Bambi had gotten startled by my opening of the window, and ran way over there. But it was still pretty cool. :) Animal planet over here!