So Christmas went well. Everyone got their travel plans except for all of the Taiwan missionaries. It is super strange because we should have gotten them and yet no reassignment or any travel plans. Nothing. Not gonna lie I am a little worried. A few other Elders and I went to talk to the travel office to try and figure out why. So they took a look and they said that we should get them this week, either Thursday or Friday, but if we get reassigned that might show up earlier. They did say they are anticipating us getting our visas by the 8th (when I am supposed to leave) so I am praying and hoping that we get them. We would be the first group in months to get them on time. I am reminded of a conference talk, "I don't know everything, but I know enough". I don't know everything about the travel situation with the church, but I know enough to know that they will come eventually. I just need to be patient. So when I hear this week they usually let us write home to let you all know. If we leave on Monday and can't write for P-Day then I will for sure send you a quick email with the details. Here's hoping for the best! Thank you for your prayers.
This week we had so many lessons. We finished up teaching Timo and Sister Zhang (Our two teachers role-playing investigators they taught) and we also finished teaching Sister Lai in TRC (TRC is where people come into the MTC to be taught by missionaries. Most of them are BYU students and such, some are members and some aren't). All of the lessons went well, I am becoming confident in the language, not prideful though, Chinese is still hard!! My companion and I got to bless the sacrament in Chinese last Sunday which was a cool experience too!! Chinese is a beautiful language. During my stay at the MTC I have memorized James 1:5, Moroni 10:4-5 and the First Vision in Chinese! Those help in lessons a lot and saying the First Vision in Chinese brings the Spirit so much!! This week is the last week of our teaching so we are going to work hard and get it done! We teach four lessons in class, 1 Skype TRC, and 3 in person TRC lessons this week! Lots to prepare, but it will get done! Not to mention my companion is teaching district council this Sunday (in English though). Even though it's a lot I love doing this work because it not only helps me grow but helps so many other people too!!
Now that it's summer the MTC has so many missionaries its a zoo sometimes. I am making so many friends and reconnecting with old ones. I saw a kid from high school that was on the Youth Committee with me! He is in the same residence hall as I am and on the same floor too! Crazy! I have met so many new people that are so cool hopefully after the MTC when we go around the world I'll still be able to keep in touch with them. A bunch are going to BYU too! I'm not thinking too much about the future right now because it's not the time for that but I know it's gonna be great!
I have the best zone in the MTC hands down. We all get along together so well and they are all so rad. I love them all so much! A bunch of us have started playing sand volleyball together during exercise time and that is one of the best hours of the week. Though whenever I play I always think of Top Gun and the volleyball scene from that, though I can't out-ball Tom Cruise I can try!! We will have to see how today's games go. We have heard from some of the older workers here that they call the best people mandarin speaking because they know we are the best. I'm not getting cocky but I do agree since my zone is the best! It'll be sad to leave them.
So now for the weekly clickbait explanation. So on Friday, some Elders went back to the dorm to take a post-lunch nap and have some downtime. My companion was on splits with another Elder because they are performing a special musical number and so I was with the other Elder's companion at the dorm. I end up laying down and taking a nap. Well, as I was napping the time for our class came and everyone was running behind. They didn't want to be late so they rushed to class. BUT I WAS STILL NAPPING. So they get to class and they all ask, "where's Song Zhanglao?" Then in unison they all realize I was still sleeping so a few of the Elders came back to get me. When I woke up, literally two seconds later the door opens and they say that we were late to class, so at least I didn't wake up and just had to sit there alone. And we weren't too late to class. Only 15 minutes, so it wasn't too bad. This was the first time that's ever happened so don't think I have this habit of sleeping through class because I don't!!
I love you all so much! Remember Alma 1:25! Be steadfast, immovable and patient and Heavenly Father will bless you!
Elder Ciminski
| The 2 oldest districts. We took the picture this week because our Branch President is going to Africa to hike Kilimanjaro with his wife! |
| A beautiful Provo day. |