Ignacio, Illinois, and Iguanas - 2/8/16

Hey,

So this week was tough. My companion has had a migraine for 11 days straight now and is really suffering. It all started on December 29 or last year when he was rear-ended while sitting still by someone going 40 mph. Keep praying for him!

We weren't able to go out and proselyte this week. But I was able to go on a short exchange with our Zone Leaders and we met a guy who had a brand-new, 2015 Roush Mustang which had over 900 horsepower! It is the most powerful car I have ever seen! We were able to teach a couple lessons and help one of their investigators get closer to baptism, and that was even cooler!

We taught a family this week, and spirit was so strong! The reason it was is because we testified of it. So, if you ever want to bring the spirit into a lesson or a meeting, testify!

Speaking of testimonies, I typed mine for y'all so you guys can enjoy it too!

"I would like to bear my testimony that I know that this church is true. I love this gospel and I know that it is the only way to be saved and make it back to our Heavenly Father. I know that by living the gospel we are able to be truly happy.

"I know that Joseph Smith did really see and talk to our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. And because of this, God's true church, the same one that existed when Christ was on the earth, is restored once again. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God.

"I likewise know that Thomas S. Monson is the prophet who has been called of God to lead and guide us in these latter days. I love him, and sustain him.

"I testify that we are sons and daughters of God and that he loves and cares for us personally. I know that when we reach out to him in prayer, he hears and answers our prayers. He loves and cares about us so much.

"I am so grateful for the atonement. It is the world's greatest band-aid. Because of Christ's atoning sacrifice I can be comforted in times of trial, be forgiven of my sins, and eventually return to live with my Heavenly Father and my brother Jesus Christ again. I am so very thankful for this.

"I write these things in the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, Amen."


Here is our neighbors cute dog named Baron. We might teach her son.