I am getting transferred! My new area is a 1/2 bike area (bike one week, drive another). I am super excited! The cool thing about missions is that you have a ton of fresh starts (like every 6 weeks) and I intend to make the most out of this one! I am a bit sad to leave Smithfield though. I will miss the members. But there will be more great people to meet I am sure! I decided to buy the small "You Never Sausage a Pretty Face" and I will send it home with other stuff. Please don't throw any of it away, but you can hang up the art stuff. :)
This week we had a small tornado outbreak, as I'm sure you know. Y'all also know that I love severe weather, BUT NOT WHEN ALL WE KNOW IS THAT THERE IS A TORNADO WARNING! I like to be in the know, you know? ;) But apparently there were 4 tornados within 20 Miles of us and 4 people died. Really sad. We are fine and so is our car. We were driving through our apartment complex in high winds and a tree fell and showered the road with branches, some of which hit our car. We were protected and I am grateful for that.
We had a dinner with some investigators this week and it went really well. We talked a lot about family history and temples (a new focus from the church) and the spirit was definitely there. I want to get involved with family history when I get home! I wish I had when I was home! It is so cool. And she was open to coming to church! Which is a big step. She didn't end up coming, but she said she was open to it!
Another investigator is moving across the James River to Newport News. He also has been skipping church. Bummer. I am not sure if he will end up getting baptized. But we did our part and now he has his agency and it is up to him!
This email feels really short, but I have several pictures to send so maybe that will make up for it?
With a ton of love,
Elder Ciminski
With Members
Selfie photo bomb by my companion
"Road" to our investigator, we haven't gotten stuck yet!
Tornado!
The shower of tree branches.