Elder Peery! From my Mini-Mission! He went home in October 2015 and is now married to his high-school sweetheart! He is out here for the summer to sell security for Vivint (speaking of which they can basically turn your house into a smart house. It is pretty much the coolest thing ever!) Small world! But he had us over for dinner last night (his wife went to Toronto Canada btw) and they were talking about their missions and I was so inspired by both of their stories. They were both great missionaries, I can tell. But after leaving their apartment and going back out to work I wanted to be more like them so while I was biking I was in the lead and I was praying to know where to go. I felt let to a specific subdivision and then a specific street. Then I felt like being on only the left side. So we started knocking. We only hit like 15 doors, but we had two amazing conversations with two different people on the street. One lady was from New Zealand and the other lady was Catholic and was super interested until her husband showed up. But we still taught about the Book of Mormon briefly to them and committed them to read and pray about it! So even though nothing came of this experience, it just showed me that Heavenly Father does care about us and the work individually. :)
Yesterday we had a less-active that we have been working with come to church and one of our investigators! The investigator is 9. We had to arrange a ride for him to get to church so we got his primary teacher to pick him up and from what we can tell, he had a great time.
I got to drive a bit on an exchange this weekend. We went to Chipotle because we both love it. It was amazing. I loved it. A pleasant treat.
We had quite the Fast and Testimony Meeting yesterday. President and Sister Baker, Elder Dudley, and Bishop Dudley all bore awesome testimonies as well as several other ward members. It was great and I am especially glad one of our investigators was there. Some of the testimonies applied to what she is going through and she seemed to really enjoy them.
At Wal-Mart I found out that there are gallon jugs of Arizona Fruit Drinks for $2.50.
4 of those are mine. :D :D :D
Anyway, I hope that this week goes well for us out here in Virginia and well for you all back home.
Hasta la Vista,
Elder Ciminski
Timelapse. I really like this one. I take them during free-time which means meals.
| Church boards, we some pretty good ones sometimes. |
| My breakfast. |
I tried it with Sourdough bread and Bush's Baked Beans and it was pretty good! Apparently they eat it in Britain. So apparently they know something we don't about food or my standards have really lowered.