Hey fam. 5/23/16

We taught 14 lessons this week! And got a new investigator! He actually lives in Virginia Beach so we will have to hand him off to the Elders that serve over in his area here soon. I am very excited for him, I do believe that he will be baptized at some point and I am so excited for that, even if it isn't with me. Our other investigator also came to church yesterday! He seemed to enjoy it. This also means that he is still on track to make his date of June 11! Yay! It will be tight, but if he really wants to we will be able to do it! 

We had a specialized training this week on personal wellness that I really enjoyed, even though we played Oompa Loompa at the end. The first part was on Spiritual and Temporal Self-reliance. With it we got a talk to read and a sheet for us to budget with. I am glad to have it because it will help me to spend my money that I receive more wisely. The next class was on Physical well being. We talked about different creatures that are out for your blood, to kill you, or to infect you with one or more of a variety of diseases and viruses, or all three. I also learned that the church prefers that we don't eat Sushi as missionaries. I was bummed, but upon clarification I discovered that it is up to us and so I will just be more careful on where I eat it. I don't eat a whole lot so this isn't that big of an issue for me. Then the last class we took a personality test called The Color Code. It was insightful on how to deal with other people. My companion is a pretty even mix of all 4 colors, which are Red (Power), Yellow (Fun), White (Peace), and Blue (Intimate). I am a very strong blue, with a second red, a tad bit of white and next to no yellow. Go figure. It was fun and I enjoyed it.

It has been raining so much over here. We haven't had more than one day of sunshine in a row for three weeks now, but I love it! The clouds are always so pretty out here with every shade of blue and gray imaginable! I never get tired of looking at them!


It is hard to take pictures of them though. But here is one half-decent one.

There was a large fair near our apartment that went on this weekend called the Jubliee. They had an epic fireworks show on Saturday night they everyone went crazy for. It's like they have never seen fireworks before! 


I got some pretty good pictures of them with the Fireworks mode on my camera. Now it is over and I can't say that I am sorry. They had music and other things so loud that you could here them a mile away! 

That is all, I hope that you all have a wonderful week! From your emails it sounds like it will be an eventful one!

Elder Ciminski

More clouds.
Nice Picture
Now that missionaries can wear hats to keep the sun off. ;-)