Hey! - 5/9/16

We were able to see our investigator with the sweet car this week. We have been trying to get into him because we felt that he had great potential and we finally got in! We had a great lesson and we have another one set up for Wednesday! Other than that is has been a slow week. 

Last night after we hung up I had to wait for my companion to finish (he got started late due to technical difficulties) and so the members and I played Phase 10 (I feel like Mom and Heber would get a kick out of it) and after we ate, we met Nash, their dog.

He gets so excited he pees (on the Phase 10 cards!), but only if he has to pee already. He is also terrified of vacuum cleaners. I think he is adorable!!!!

Last night before bed I was reading my patriarchal blessing and I had the distinct impression that I could be doing better as a missionary. This impression, along with a recent training that we had on removing distractions, really made me think that I need to improve! Like it says in 1 Nephi 3:7, "I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them." So I know that I can do it! So this will be my focus this week!

My email is also short due to the call yesterday so until next time,

Elder Ciminski

Accident
​Second time this has happened. We are coming back from zone meeting and seconds before we arrive (the picture was taken when we are leaving. We only stay around until the authorities arrive) on the same off ramp someone hydroplanes and goes off the road. Both times though the drivers were fine and no-one was hurt. 

Cool building in Smithfield.  I wonder what they sell?
I discovered my camera can do long-exposure pictures.  Up to 15 seconds, pretty cool!


Another Timelapse